Hopkinson Dental Care Limited
The www.hopkinsondental.co.uk website and its webpages (the “Site”) are operated by Hopkinson Dental Care Limited whose Registered Office and principal place of business is at 19 Market Place, Wetherby, LS22 6LQ (Company number 7570399).
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Laura Hopkinson email@example.com
Hopkinson Dental and it’s partners are jointly referred to in this Policy as “We”, “Us” or “Our”.
For the purposes of this Policy, You as contracting party and possible (other) user/end-user are jointly referred to in this Policy as “you” or “your”.
The purpose of this Policy is to set out the purposes for which, and the manner in which, we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by us on this Site and/or by using this Site generally you consent and agree to this use by us.
We ask that you read this Policy carefully as it contains important information about what to expect when we collect personal information about you and how we will use your personal data.
Your use of the Hopkinson Dental Website is also governed by Hopkinson Dental online Terms and Conditions. Please ensure you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions in addition to this Policy.
1. Use of Personal Information
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
If you decide to submit data to Hopkinson Dental, for example by completing a ‘contact us’ form or by contacting us through email, telephone or blog replies, or engaging in a chat function with one of our experts, we may use the information to add to a database in order that we can identify you as an individual a manage our relationship with you as a Hopkinson Dental customer and update and improve the accuracy of our records. We also use that information as further described or referred to in this policy. We refer to any information that may identify you as an individual, such as your name and address, as personal data or personal information.
For example, we may collect the following personal information:
- name and job title
- age and date of birth
- contact information including email address
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service us
- information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication)
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us
Sometimes you may decide to submit personal information which is of a more private nature, which we refer to as sensitive personal information, and is required in order that we can, for example generate a product quote or perhaps to deal with your questions or administer your policy with us.
For example, we may collect the following sensitive personal information if you decide to give it to us and if we believe the processing of this data is necessary:
- ethnic origin
- physical health condition
- lifestyle information
What do we do with the sensitive personal information we gather?
In addition to personal information, we may require sensitive information in order to:
- provide you with quotes or other services you request
- to approve or allow you to purchase various products
- to administer and maintain your relationship with us
We may use information that You provide to Us or that is obtained by us:
- to register You with our Site and to manage any account You hold with us;
- to fulfill our agreement with You and to process Your purchases and obtain payment;
- to analyse and profile Your purchasing preferences e.g. (market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to:
- to administer Our Site services;
- to be accessed by The Invisible Orthodontist (including their employees and agents) for the purpose of helping us administer our website and marketing campaigns;
- to contact you specific regard to that which you have requested, such as to arrange an appointment with Hopkinson Dental
- to provide You with a personalised browsing experience when using the Site; and
- to review, develop and improve the products and services which We offer and to enable Us to provide and other customers with relevant information through Our marketing programme(s);
- to make decisions about You using computerised or automated technology, for example automatically selecting products and/or services which We think will interest You or from the information We have;
- to keep You informed of such products and services (including products and services of other companies within Hopkinson Dental, our partners and carefully selected third parties) including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on which We consider may be of interest to You by any of the following methods2:
- Telephone (including automated calls);
- SMS text messages and other electronic messages such as picture messaging;
- Or otherwise.
Where required by law, Hopkinson Dental shall obtain your prior opt-in consent at the time of collection for the processing of:
- personal data for marketing purposes,
- personal data deemed sensitive pursuant to applicable law, or
- personal data to be used for other data processing activities for which your consent may be required.
For details on how to ask to be removed from Our mailing list(s), please refer to Sections 8-10 of this Policy.
We may store and process your information on Our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process Your information on Our behalf.
If you obtain the Services provided by Hopkinson Dental on behalf of another person or make enquiries on their behalf, You will ensure that You obtain any Registered User’s express consent to provide their details to Us and will bring this Policy their attention before they commence using the Site.
2. Controlling your personal information
Whenever You are asked to fill in a form on the Website, use the check box to indicate your preferences and/or do not provide the relevant information (however, please note that if you do not provide all or correct information which we may request, we may not be able to provide you with the relevant quotation and/or services).
3. Crime Prevention
In order to protect Our customers and Us from fraud and theft, We may pass on information that We obtain from making identity checks and other information in Our customer records, including how You conduct your account, to other companies and to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way. Without limitation to the foregoing We may disclose any information and data relating to You to the police or any regulatory or government authority in response to any request including requests in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
We may give information about You to the following companies and organisations who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- to employees and agents of Hopkinson Dental located within or outside of the EEA and other approved third parties to administer any accounts, products and services provided to You by Hopkinson Dental now or in the future;
- to agents who (on our behalf) profile Your data so that We may tailor the goods/services We offer to Your specific needs;
- to anyone to whom We transfer Our rights and duties under our agreement with You;
- our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy;
- if We have a duty pursuant to the law to do so or if the law allows Us to do so.
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and/or
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
5. IP Address
Your browser also generates other information, including which language the Site is displayed in, and Your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever You log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by Our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to Our Site. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with Our server, and to administer our Site. We do not use Your IP address to identify You personally.
We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure once it has been transferred to our systems. However, the internet is not a secure medium and We cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold Us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
You have the right to know what personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request to the address below and payment of a fee of £10. You also have the right to have any information we hold about You corrected if it is incorrect- if You are concerned that any of the information We hold on You may be incorrect, and You are unable to change it Yourself as described below, please contact Us at the address set out below.
Please be aware that Our Site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our Site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked Websites.
8. How can I get my name removed from the Hopkinson Dental mailing list(s)?
If You want to be removed from Our mailing list(s), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word ‘remove’ in the subject line and the email address that You wish to be removed within the email. If You agree to us providing You with marketing information, You can always opt out at a later date
9. How do I change any details stored on the Hopkinson Dental Site?
To change any of Your registered details, please contact email@example.com
10. Contact us
11. Changes to policy